Raw, vegan, and gluten free. Simple and decadent with no baking required. They are as delicious as they are beautiful and make for a great party treat or special dessert!
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate (or 1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Flaked coconut (optional)
- In food processor, combine all ingredients for bottom layer. Blend until mixture becomes a course, sticky flour.
- Firmly press crust into a lined 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- For the middle later, melt coconut butter and pour over crust. Place in freezer to harden.
- For the top layer, place chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt on low heat on your stove top. Stir frequently until chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove chocolate from heat, pour over layer 2 and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. Place in fridge or freezer for chocolate to set.
- Remove from fridge/freezer, cut and serve.
- Store in fridge.
- Note: If you have extra of the bottom layer – you can add another layer of it on top of the melted coconut butter layer, before the dark chocolate topping. This is what I did and it was super delicious!