Free of dairy, eggs, refined sugar AND gluten! These truffles are super decadent with a smooth, deep chocolate flavor. No baking required either!
- 1.5 cups dates, pitted
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Chocolate-dipped coating (optional):
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Cacao powder
- Add dates, cacao powder, and melted coconut oil to a food processor and process until it’s a completely smooth paste.
- Scoop out rounded teaspoons of the truffle mixture and form balls then place on a parchment paper-lined tray.
- Roll truffles in extra cacao powder and place in fridge until ready to eat.
- For chocolate-dipped coating – while truffles are setting in fridge, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave to melt.
- Place one truffle at a time in melted chocolate and turn around with a fork to completely coat. Lift out of the bowl with the fork and let excess fall off. Set coated truffle back on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, chocolate sprinkles, or any other topping you’d like.
- After adding toppings, place back in fridge until ready to eat!