Who loves Reese’s cups and Mounds bars?!
These are two of my FAVORITE flavor combinations, chocolate with peanut butter and dark chocolate with coconut. As much as I enjoy these flavor duos, I don’t eat the candy very often.
For two main reasons…
1. I no longer feel good when I eat a few pieces of these candies (and you can see why below by looking at all the low-quality ingredients they use!).
2. It’s SUPER easy to make at home with high quality ingredients!
Now if I want either of these treats, instead of eating the actual candy and paying for it later or depriving myself altogether, I simply whip up my own versions!
Dairy, soy and gluten free. Keto and Paleo friendly. Also vegan!
Simple ingredients, easy to make, easier to eat!
Makes 6 large Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter or Coconut Cups
- 1 cup 100% dark chocolate (melted)
- Liquid stevia (to taste)
- ½ cup peanut butter OR Coconut Butter (depending on which you are making)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Prepare a cupcake tin with 6 liners or silicone molds.
- Add coconut oil and stevia to dark chocolate and melt (using double-boiler or microwave) until smooth.
- Then, melt peanut butter OR coconut butter in microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Dollop 1 to 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter OR coconut butter on top of the dark chocolate.
- Cover each dollop of peanut butter or coconut butter with more dark chocolate and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the cups have hardened.
- Remove cups from liners and enjoy!