Easter is right around the corner, which typically involves lots of candy, sweet treats, and seasonal desserts, like Carrot Cake! One of my personal favs. With this recipe you can have your cake and eat it too (hah) because these overnight oats are vegan and gluten free but deliver all of the spices and flavor of delicious carrot cake. Plus, it takes a fraction of the time and effort to make! Now that’s a win-win. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (about one small carrot)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- A pinch of each spice: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons agave, maple syrup, or stevia (to desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- In a mason jar, combine all ingredients except for walnuts and coconut flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until the coconut milk is completely absorbed.
- Top with chopped walnuts and coconut flakes just prior to serving.